Wednesday, January 23, 2013

I love to serve.

    I love to serve people food. I love to prepare it and make people happy with this part of hospitality. I especially love to serve my wife, but I still thoroughly enjoy serving anyone. It does not matter who they are or where they come from or what they look like. I never think about if they deserve it or if I could slack off because their not that important. I just serve to best of my ability.

   Why then do I seem to have a problem with serving people as the Church. Why do I make a mental note of who is worthy and who is not. It's like I think the Church's reputation will be soiled because we are serving THAT KIND OF PERSON. I feel like the Church will be seen as indorsing sinful behavior.

   This is crazy thinking. In my life I serve tens of thousands of meals a year. Never once do I consider that I am endorsing some behavior when I serve them. I don't ask them to clean up their acts before they can have something to eat.  It seems to me that the Church should be the the same way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment